Monday, September 22, 2008

Al-Hajjah Farizah Rabbat Umm Ibrahim Al-Yaqoubi Al-Hasani ...


This is a copy of the letter that Shaykh Muhammad Al-Yaqoubi Al-Hasani wrote 
In tribute of his beloved wife, who passed away in May of 2006

A very beautiful and emotional letter ...

‘Grief and sorrow upon the loss of my heart’

My Dear brothers and sisters, relatives, friends, students and supporters throughout the world: 
As-Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakatuh ...
Indeed, we belong to Allah, and to Him we must surely return ...

With grief and sorrow
I share with you the tragic loss of my beloved wife
My companion
And the love of my heart 
Al-Hajjah Farizah Aal Rabbat
Known as Umm Ibrahim, Rahimaha Allah 
Who is also the mother of my three children (Aisha, Ibrahim and Ismael) ... 

Allah chose her out of this world to enter al-Jannah on the very birthday of His Beloved Prophet (SAW) through the door of martyrs ...

I do not object to His Will: 
We belong to Him and our return is to Him ...
Whatever He takes is undoubtedly His ... 
And whatever He gives is undoubtedly His ...

She left this world on Monday 12th of Rabi’ Al-Awwal, 1427 (April 10th 2006) 

Around 5:00 pm in a car accident while she was driving from our home outside Damascus 
Toward the city to visit her family and attend a mawlid ... 

At the same time, I was leading a mawlid feast in the city ... 

She died at 37 years of age
And was approximately five months pregnant with a baby boy who also died ... 

Just a few hours before the accident we had agreed to name him Shareef ... 

With her in the car
She had our three children 
Aisha, Ibrahim and Ismael 
Who are 8, 6, and 5 years old respectively and her maid Nour ... 
By the Bounty of the Most Generous
They survived the accident but were all injured at various levels ... 
They are still in hospital being treated ... 

Please continue to make du’aa for them ... 

On Sunday night (the night of 12th of Rabi’ Al-Awwal)
We had a blessed mawlid gathering in our home ...

Monday, the day she died
We had brunch together with the kids 
And I told her I wanted to take her and the kids in August 
To al-Madina al-Munawwara
Where she can deliver her baby ... 

She was extremely happy and took my word 
That I will name the boy Shareef ... 
I left home at 1:30 pm on Monday for a dars and a mawlid in the city ... 
At 5:15 pm I received the news of the accident and immediately headed to the hospital 
Only to find out that she had given her last breaths ... 

Later on
The rescuers told us that when they reached her 
She was still alive moving her lips 
(presumably with shahada, and dhikr) but could not make it to the hospital ... 

As an English teacher 
Umm Ibrahim worked in a neighboring school teaching the first three grades ... 
She has had this job for the past three years and always considered it an important mission ... 
It fulfilled her ambitions ... 
She liked to improve herself through reading and training
Through which she acquired many skills in recent years 
Including NLP and Homeopathy ... 
She loved social activities and had a strong personality ... 
She was an excellent housewife and a great cook ... 

But most of all 
What distinguished Umm Ibrahim 
And the reason for which I had chosen her as a wife 
Was her righteousness 
Persistence in worship 
And her sincerity to the deen 

For instance
In the last few months of her life
She used to pray 100 rak’as of salah everyday ... 
She recited Surat al-Baqara everyday ... 
Oftentimes with Surat al-An’am ... 
Qiyamullayl decorated her nights ... 
And was something she would hardly miss ...

She always had new ideas to promote da’wah 

And attract people to the true way of Islam ... 
She devoted her life to her family and to students of sacred knowledge ... 
After prayer and recitation of al-Qur’an
Nothing was dearer to her than serving the students 
Cooking for them
And taking care of their needs ... 

The night before she died
She prepared food for my guests 
As we were having a feast in our home on the occasion of 12th of Rabi’ Al-Awwal 
The anniversary of the Birth of the Beloved of Allah ... 

Six days earlier, on Tuesday 6th Rabi’ Al-Awwal
She cooked for 150 guests 
Insisting she did not want to order the food ... 

She used to prepare the most delicious food
At our weekly dhikr session for 50 people ... 

One week before she died
She said, when I was trying to convince her to order food:

I find cooking for the students light and easy
And I don’t want to be deprived from its rewards 
I know what they like 
And the food brought from the market is fatty for them

Such was her amazing dedication ... 

Moreover
She liked jabrul Khawatir ...
So at Eid times
She used to prepare bags full of sweets 
And gifts to hand over to kids in poor neighborhoods ...
She used to make Eid parties for the foreign students 
And organise special programs for their children ... 

Some 3000 people attended her funeral 
Which took place on Tuesday after Zuhr prayer at Jami’ al-Badr in Damascus ... 
Three years ago
Upon a visit to Bab al-Saghir cemetery 
Where my ancestors are buried
She said to me: 

When I die, bury me in the graves of your family ...  I want to be with Ahlul Bait ... 

By the Grace of Allah
She was buried bearing a grandson of the Beloved Messenger of Allah ... 
In the grave of my mother, Al-Sayyida Ameenah Mansoor al-Jaza’irly al-Hasani 
Who passed away also in the month of April in 1996 
Just a few months before myself and Umm Ibrahim got married ... 

Umm Ibrahim had met my mother one week before my mother died ... 
Her grave is only a few meters away 
From the daughter of Imam al-Husain Sayyidah Fatima al-Sughra 

I am happy with her now
And I was happy with her before she died  
As she was happy with me ...

In the past few weeks before she died 
She told her mother and a few friends over the phone
Even the morning of her death
How happy she was in her marriage ... 


According to a Prophetic statement when a woman dies
While her husband is happy with her 

She will enter al-Jannah ... 

I have seen several signs 
That she will be in al-Jannah 

Obviously
The servants of the Ahlul Bayt will be in al-Jannah
Let alone the wives or mothers of Ahlul Bayt

Many outstanding personalities and scholars spoke 
During the three-day sessions of condolences held on her behalf 

They included:
Sayyif al-Fatih al-Kittani

Shaykh Dr. Sa’id Ramadan al-Bouti 
Shaykh Krayyim Rajih
Shaykh Dr. Abdullatif Farfoor
Shaykh Abdullah Rabih
ShaykhAbdul Aziz al-Khateeb
ShaykhAbul Hasan al-Kurdi
Shaykh Ahmad Ramadan
ShaykhNa’im al-'Araqsoosi
Shaykh Sariyah al-Rifa’i
And many others ... 

Last but not least
I would like to offer my deepest thanks and gratitude to all the scholars
The friends
The students
Male and female
In Syria and throughout the world
Who supported me and my children and Umm Ibrahim’s family 
In this difficult time in every form ...

Nothing is enough to thank the many thousands of brothers and sisters in Damascus 
And around the globe who stood with us during this trial ... 

I beg you to continue your du’aa for the full recovery of the children ...
Make du`aa especially that Allah help the three children cope with the loss of their mother ...
And that the shock, when they learn the news, may easily be absorbed ... 

Make du’aa for her parents, as the tragic loss is indeed difficult for them ... 
And please do continue to make special du`aa for Umm Ibrahim 
That Allah grant her Mercy 
And forgiveness 
And reward her with Jannatul Firdaws ... 

I end with the following dreams ... 

A Syrian sister saw Umm Ibrahim coming into a room, filled with light ...  

Umm Ibrahim said to her: 

Don’t worry about me ... I am in the best state ...  

A brother by the name Zahir saw her calling Imam Abul Hasan al Shadhiliy 
Which shows the blessings in the attachment to our great shadhili silsila 
As she was part of it
Took tariqa over a year ago  

Another sister saw on the same morning she died
That a righteous woman passed away in Damascus, during the day ... 
She learned of the death of Umm Ibrahim

Yes, indeed Umm Ibrahim did not survive the accident ...
But in fact she did survive in my heart 
And I am sure she will survive in the hearts of those who love her ... 

May Allah grant her the highest ranks in al-Jannah 

And the company of my Grandfather
Our Master
The best of creation
The Beloved Messenger of Allah (Salla Allahu ‘alayhi wasallam) 

May Allah give her her book in her right hand 
And let her enter Jannah without reckoning ... 

May He make her grave a garden from the Gardens of Paradise 
MayAllah reward all brothers and sisters 
And shaykhs and ‘Ulama
And everyone who made Du’a for her 
And for me and for the children in the best way ... 

May Allah protect them and their families 
Their parents and their children 
And allow us all to meet in Jannatul Firdaws 
In the company of the Elect 
And the Beloved of Allah 
Rasulullah (Salla Allahu ‘alayhi wasallam)

Allahumma Ameen

The unworthy servant of the people of Allah,
Muhammad


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my God! This left me in tears.

Jafar Alam said...

The shaykh is such a beautiful person ... Very humble man ... May Allah preserve him ...