Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Mawlid Poem ...




Today's the day of your noble birth
The day that gave my life its' worth
Today, I sit and I reflect
Not once, before, did I suspect
That a love like this could really be
Mine for you, and yours for me
More than love for spouse or child
It makes a mother's love seem mild
More than for other created things
With all the pain and joy it brings

It pains because we haven't met
If only once my eyes could set
Their gaze on you, your perfect form
Your image, to which we conform
But then, my yearning would increase
With just one glance, how can it cease ???

There's joy however, despite the pain
Cause every time I hear your name
I melt in you, I simmer down
In seas of love, I start to drown

And why should I not feel like this ???
You showed us God, and we found bliss 
You helped us, led us, to the Light
Because of you, we know wrong from right
You suffered for us by night and day
Is this a love I can repay ???

The only thing that I can do
Until the day my life is through
Is thank Allah for sending you
O One of grace and high virtue 

May Peace and Blessings be on you
Your family 
Friends 
And 
Followers true

No comments: