Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Nabila ... By Jafar Alam ...

A poem for my aunt.
I write,because the page is empty.
She is greater than these words .


Her eyes
misty and wet,
Tell a story ...

She tells me the words in her heart.
Dark clouds follow her.
Her life is a gloom.
She refuses to let go of the wheel.

In living
there is hope.

Within this woman
lives a child
that calls me on days
where we talk for hours
about nothing.

We eat waffles
and tease each other.
In those moments,
we forget the world.
Only to come back to a reality
too hard to swallow at times.

She is a believer.

We have a bond
that is inexplainable.

Her face is luminous
giving light to darkness.
She gives colour to a world full of black and white.
A face,
salted by the sea of tears
shed,
everytime she saw the nature of the world.

Her eyes are like
violet stones.

She has four lives
she won't desert a single one.
A deserter will always be deserted.

Fear is taught.

Love is natural.

I asked her:
"What do you want your four lives to be?"

She said:"I want them to be alive"

O my heart,
in this darkness we are a prayer
that when she reads what this hand writes,
writes out of love for her.

She is strength.
She is patience.
She is love.
She is a mother.
She is not alone.
She ...
is reserved for Heaven. (c)

1 comment:

Talha said...

Love it Jafar !

Excellent Excellent !

Talha Siddiqi