Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Approaching Allah ...

The idea of seeking this inspirational urge, once it is aflame in one's heart, is one of the antecedents of the inspirational urge itself. If you were to reflect upon your life and how it peters away, for instance, (in asking) : I am now 15 years old, or 20, 30, 40, or 50 years old, yet what is the state of my salat (prayer)? What is the state of my fasting? What is the state of my heart when I say Allahu Akbar (God is Supreme)? What do I experience in prostration when I prostrate? They are many in number, in terms of image and form, but my presence of mind with Allah is minimal. What is my experience of the meanings of dhikr when my tongue says La ilaha illa'Llah (there is no deity but Allah)? And what is the weight of this phrase upon my heart? Does this utterance have an impact upon my heart? Or is my life to dissipate, whilst I have never experienced the taste of these words? Is my life to dissipate whilst I have never understood the reality of the meaning of these words; my heart has not understood; and my soul has not understood - even if my mind has? At the moment of death a man's mind has no sovereignty, rather, sovereignty belongs to the Heart. Thus, whatever has impacted the heart will emerge at the time of death and departure.


READ THIS BOOK !!!

[ Wayfarers to God, Habib 'Ali Zain Al 'Abideen Al Jifri ]

No comments: