Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pablo Neruda ...


And it was at that age 
Poetry arrived in search of me 

I don't know 
I don't know where it came from
From winter or a river

I don't know how or when
No they were not voices 
They were not words
Nor silence

But from a street I was summoned
From the branches of night
Abruptly from the others
Among violent fires
Or returning alone
There I was without a face
And it touched me

I did not know what to say 
My mouth had no way with names
My eyes were blind
And something started in my soul
Fever or forgotten wings
And I made my own way
Deciphering that fire
And I wrote the first faint line

Faint
Without substance 
Pure nonsense
Pure wisdom
Of someone who knows nothing

And suddenly I saw the heavens unfastened
And open
Planets
Palpitating plantations
Shadow perforated
Riddled with arrows 
Fire and flowers
The winding night 
The universe

And I 
Infinitesimal being
Drunk with the great starry void
Likeness 
Image of mystery
Felt myself a pure part of the abyss

I wheeled with the stars
My heart broke loose on the wind

No comments: