Thursday, August 28, 2008

Knocking On Her Door ... By Jafar Alam



Feeling lost ... 
Confused ... 
Irritable ... 
At a cross roads

Helpless and misunderstood 
Frustration seeping through
This scarred soul

Haunted
By the misleading images shown to me

Screaming from the inside

Spoken word
Words not heard ...
And is it absurd
That these days
Sunshine and breezes  
Reflecting and smiling ...
These things make me happy ???

Paradoxal ...

Trying to find pleasure ...

Some sort of attachment to any good that's left in this place
While trying to detach myself from it

And I don't think I'm the only one that makes that resolution
To escape this delusion
A victim of the worlds illusion

And I made a promise to myself
That I would never do what I did
If all He did
Was give me another chance ...

And I lied to myself
As I came back for another dance ...

And now ...

Now I stand here
A victim of my own oppression 

And I'm pressin' hard
Tryina break though
Set free 

But as much as I try
I'm left here empty inside
Alone 
Alone with my thoughts

And all I think of 
Is her

Her smile
Her depth
Her touch 
Her warmth
The smell of her breeze that brushes my face
When she walks by
Those eyes,
O those beautiful eyes 
Smile at me even in my dreams

And I wish 
For even a moment 
To be transported back to that day 
That place 
That very moment that had made the boy wanna be a man 

Where time had ceased 
And my heart had opened

And I walked through that door 
To knock on hers

And as she opened that door
She smiled 

And let this stranger in
A visit so brief
But so sweet

I promise to come back with a love much deeper

And as I look at her 
In full blown beauty
My heart and words exhaling out everything that I take in from her
Everything I see
Everything I feel
I inhale all of her back into me
Until we meet again

I'll hold my breath
Until I come knocking on her door again (c)