Monday, June 2, 2008

Lover's Quarrel ... By Jafar Alam


It's been a while since I've done this ...
Emotions being born from this manufactured world ...


Sweet love
Has left a bitter taste in my mouth ...


Reason and Love lived bare in my heart ...


Now my heart has split through all the joy
And no one wants to retrieve my lost heart ...


It's been left behind ...
Behind in a dark place ...


There, the shadow lives and does not travel with me ...


Time will always show us the final flower of the day ...


And no matter what,
The brightness of our love will remain alive ...


I refuse to regret what I've been given from you ...
For it was you, who taught me the mystical ways of love ...


It was your poetry that made me believe that love still exists ...
Through you, I knew what it felt like to be loved ...
It was your light that lit this dark soul ...


The thought of not having you around
Just hit me with a surge of emotions ...


Like an immense wave
Crushed me againt a hard stone ...


So I ask you to tie your heart to mine ...
And together ...
Let's you and I 

Seal the silence (c)



No comments: