Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I Love Her ... By Jafar Alam



I love her
Like peanut butter loves jelly
But I’m not talking about food
Cause only a glutton finds sweetness in the belly

Her beauty leaves me breathless
As she radiates magnificence
It’s a shame many don’t know
That pride is ignorance

And ignorance is bliss

And they know this

And that’s why they take pride in not knowing
We’re not growing
And I’m just aimlessly flowing
Until I see her
And on my sleeve
My heart 

Starts showing

And when I feel chills
And I begin st-st-stutter
She wraps her arms around me
and gives me, the lovers cover
And if they stabbed a million times
I would only bleed more reasons to love her
I looked her in her eyes, and said:
“How can u love me so much
And expect me to believe that it’s true ???”
She said:
“This life that I live isn’t for me, it’s for you
And He gave me gray skies
So that yours could be blue”

And though she makes me so mad at times
Makes me wanna curse
But I hold back
And I don’t wanna ruin this verse
Cause in my yester years
She quenched my thirst

They say:

“Forget her and everyone else, and just follow us.
Aim high, make all your goals lateral”


But I had nothing without her
So I put my soul up as collateral

Shouldn’t surprise you
Cause that’s what lies do

And when my soul had turned into a bird
That found the right spot for its nest
That’s the day I realized
That she would be my hearts strongest weakness

Because she carried me, where no one carries anyone
And she fed me from the fruit of her heart
That which no one feeds anyone

And she will live forever incomparable
Because Beauty and Infinity are inseparable

And if I were to die, and be buried under the earth
I would rise on the 23rd hour
Just to prove to her
That I couldn’t live a day without her

Held so close in life and love
As destiny takes control
She gave me a body
To encapsulate my soul
This poem is about her
And no other
The one responsible for my physical being 

My mother


[Dedicated to my special lady] 

[And to my brother Aamir, who recently lost his mother ... 
She will live forever in the hearts of those who knew her ... 
Allah yarhama ]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, beautiful, dear Brother :) And May Allah bless the soul of your friend's dear mother and grant her peace. Ameen.

Ya Haqq!