Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Jafar Alam ...

Whatever we love in this visible world, we are sure to discover its flaws ... Though I feel that I struggle more when I follow Allah's way, I feel more lonely and empty when I don't follow Allah's way ... I feel like a prisoner trapped in this cage of illusions, that keeps promising me happiness, but leaving me miserable and lost inside ... The world keeps teasing me ... Drawing me in like bait, then throwing me right back in the ocean of passion and desire ... Ignorance is bliss ... The after effect is regret, discontentment and hollowness ... Short term pain for the long term pleasure is much better than short term temporary pleasures that do nothing but feed my lonely, empty self ... I'm struggling to fit into a world that doesn't even care about me ... Why am I trying so hard to get comfortable and even attached to a place that I know I won't be staying for too long in? ... The happiness I KNOW I want to feel, lays in my avoidance of things I THINK will bring me happiness ... I want to shut my eyes and heart to the world now, so that I can see and feel the things worth seeing and feeling ...



"And that is the secret of this world. If you remove love of dunya from your heart, the dunya is yours for the taking ... You can have the dunya because it's in your hand and not in your heart" - (Hamza Yusuf)



I pray that everyone feels or at least gets to experience once in their lifetime, the feeling of happiness ... The feeling of love, of fulfillment and joy ... To feel free without any limitations ... To experience the feeling felt by experiencing God ... To feel hopeful instead of hopeless ... I pray everyone finds in their lifetime, that one soul that gives them a feel of purpose, and companionship ... I pray that people will taste the sweetness and peace, of tranquility found in prayer ... Ameen ...

- Jafar Alam

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ameen!