Thursday, September 27, 2007

Your Love ... By Jafar Alam ...



Your love is like a cloud,
That passes the sun kissed sky ...
Unable to differentiate a breeze from the wind
As time floats by ...

Love tore through the veils
In my heart it did reach ...
For this kind of love
No imam could even preach ...

Guide me now
For I have lost my way ...
Do not deny me Your love
For this I do pray ...

What use do I have,
With worldly things ???
I've been pierced now
With Love's beautiful stings ...

Along with the wind
Do take me away ...
To that Eternal Garden
Where the Angels do pray ...

To that place, where everyone's
Free like the dove ...
To that place
Where every moment there is only Love ...

I make sujood, for I love You
More and more ...
O Allah,
I pray that You would lower the floor ...

So I may humble myself
To the King of king's ...
Like the Shakoor
I don't care what this life brings ...

This life will end
And then everyone will see ...
The Truth was You
It was never we ...

Who are we, but a creation of Thee ???
Break these chains
And set me free ...

They'll wrap me in shrouds
And lower me in the ground ...
I was once lost
But now I am found ...

Now I'll leave, to go and pray ...
Pray that today, would be that day ...

The day they'll lay me
And over me they'll pray ...

Pray that I would reach such a place
Where everything is beautiful and full of grace ...

I couldn't ask for anything better
Because You and I would be together (c)



2 comments:

And how many are doing dhikr at night, like the lion when it roars? - Sharaab Al-Arifin said...

Ma sha Allah, your poetry is beautiful sidi. May Allah bestow upon you his abundant blessings and grant you success in this world and the akhira. Ameen. Absolutely beautiful poetry, I love your blog!

Jafar Alam said...

Salaam,

Ameen ...

Thank you for the kind words my friend ... I hope you keep coming back to the blog and enjoy the content ...

Be blessed ...

- Jafar