Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Spiritual Sayings of Khalil Gibran


Just finished reading the "Spiritual Sayings of Khalil Gibran"... Beautiful book ... Might be hard to find, but if you can find it, definately a good read ... For those who haven't read it, I thought I'd share some of the quotes that I really liked ... Enjoy ...




- Of life's two chief prizes, beauty and truth ... I found the first in a loving heart ... And the second in a laborer's hand ...


- No lower can a man descend ... Than to interpret his dreams into gold and silver ...


- What shall I say of the man who slaps me when I kiss him on the face ... And who kisses my foot when I slap him ...


- How hard is the life of him who asks for love and receives passion ...


- To be closer to God ... Be closer to people ...


- Some hear with their ears ... Some with their stomachs ... Some with their pockets ... And some hear not at all ...


- We demand freedom of speech and freedom of press ... Although we have nothing to say and nothing worth printing ...


- Man merely discovers ... He never can and never will invent ...


- Worship does not require seclusion and solitude ...


- How distant I am from the people when I am with them ... And how close when they are far away ...


- Prayer is the song of the heart that makes its way to the throne of God ... Even when entangled in the wailing of thousands of souls ...


- My enemy said to me, "Love your enemy" ... And I obeyed him and loved myself ...


- Our worst fault is our preoccupation with the faults of others ...


- Fear of the devil is one way of doubting God ...


- Contradiction is the lowest form of intelligence ...


No comments: