Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Night of Power ...




In the darkness, silent whisper breeze of night
Descended from Heaven the book of guidance
From Allah, the one to whom belongs all wisdom, might ...

To intellects it brought knowledge, to heart it brought light ...
To the Beloved Prophet, Muhammad, the pure, the one with open heart
The Absolute Wisdom of Allah did the book impart ...

We too, like him, should try to be pure
So in our hearts, as in his, Allah would his message ensure ...

Try to imagine the span of Gabriel’s wing
Descended from highest Heavens the message to bring ...

Yet the heart of the Prophet and his followers true
Transcend all creation when they the message include ...

Time too, like, space, this night is bent
Believers, gather themselves, this night to repent ...
Return unto Allah, with sincere overture


Of all evil, and forgetfulness let your soul be spent





- Ahmed Hussain (1974-2006)



I've had the opportunity to know many people in my short time in this world, but very few have had the ability to really touch my heart ... Ahmed Hussain is one of those few ... And I thank Allah for giving me the opportunity to have known such a remarkable and beautiful human being ... I've learned so much from Ahmed, through others ... One thing I will always keep with me, was Ahmed's approach to life ... He always had a smile for everyone, and made sure that he never hurt a human heart while on this journey that we call life ... I pray that Allah grants my brother, the higest level of Junnatul Firdaws ... Ameen)

No comments: