Monday, February 11, 2008

December ... Ahmed Hussain





I am blessed and cursed by memories
Of you that make it impossible to despise ...

You, even though tears fill my eyes
Every time I remember …

December … 

It's strange that in the winter months
Slick roads, snow storms and freezing cold
Only brought us closer to together ... 

I will never forget the warmth of your embrace ...

Now that Spring is here, the beauty of your face I see in every blossom ... 
Your voice in every buzzing bee-zanbur ...

But you’re not here to share the honey
Okakura’s Tea is meant to be bitter isn’t it ???

The wine of heaven awaits me after death ... 

Although I’m drinking tea right now, I am smelling its bouquet ...
And with every sip I’m realizing that either drink
Takes the form of the vessel in which it resides ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May Allah bless his soul and give him peace. Ameen.

A lovely tribute, Brother.

Ya Haqq!

Jafar Alam said...

One of the greatest ...