Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Un-Invited ... By Jafar Alam ...




I look out at the dark sky
waiting for the sun to embrace this beautiful day ...
My heart beats slowly
To my souls dismay ...

Battling my nafs, trying to contain this desire ...
The desire is not of this world
But for something much Higher ...

My emptiness I cannot speak of,
It's something that I feel ...
The remedy for this
iIs closeness to The Real ...

He gave me this feeling
Filling it to the brim ...
How can I complain
When this longing is from Him ???

He does this to me often
That I may turn and come back ...
When I start to stray away
And faith is what I lack ...

Now the birds start chirping
And quickly fly by ...
Taking in what they can
Of the cold gray sky ...

I lay here hungry and cold
Trying to fill this void ...
When close to Him
I'm filled and overjoyed ...

So I lay here waiting
For I will not fight it ...
Love and death, both come
Un-Invited (c)